In Dice Roll Zine #3 you'll find:
- The Artificer of Xixis class -- a technomancy magic specialist.
- Technomancy -- new tech-themed spells and magic items.
- The Accursed Caverns (of Xazyzl) -- a 'mythic underworld' style adventure site for a group of lower level PCs.
- Roculus Horngard -- a detailed 'rhino man' sci-fantasy NPC to thwart/help your PCs.
- Dirty Tricks -- an optional fighter class ability.
- Dragonauts -- kick-ass techno-dragons.
- Ugluks -- humorous 'feral humanoid' monsters.
- 'Lifepath' PC Backgrounds -- create a PC backstory with a series of rolls.
- And even more old-school RPG goodies, all originating from my own sci-fantasy home campaign called The Wastelands of Kreth.
Dice Roll Zine is entirely written by me and illustrated by some of the best old school-inspired artists around. Issue #3 currently stands at 40 pages, digest-sized, black & white interior and cover, and the zine will be professionally printed and staple-bound with a card-stock cover.
The zine is primarily based around the 1981 B/X style rules, so it's perfect for Old School Essentials games, but also very easily usable with any old-school systems like Labyrinth Lord, Swords & Wizardry, Lamentations of the Flame Princess, Basic Fantasy, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Black Hack, and so on.
I expect to have the Dice Roll Zine #3 PDF finished and released to backers in late May 2020, with the printed zine following up about a month later after proofing and final printing. I'd say that about 70% of the writing is complete and about 60% of the commissioned art has been received at this point, so I've given myself an ample fulfillment window to get everything tidied up and completed.
If you're interested in supporting me and Dice Roll Zine #3 on Kickstarter's Zine Quest 2 campaign, please check it out and join in the fun and exciting journey of bringing the latest issue of my old school zine to the people!
Post a Comment